St Oswald’s church was built in 1910 and the patrons for the church are the Church Burgesses. When St Peter’s church Abbeydale was demolished in 2003, talks began with the two parishes about joining together as a single community. This happened in 2004 when the two congregations began worshipping together as one. In July 2009 the separate parishes of St Peter’s Abbeydale and St Oswald’s Millhouses became the one parish of St Peter and St Oswald Sheffield. This is a marvellous example of two congregations working together to become a united benefice. We see ourselves as one community with a single purpose: to serve Christ in the world and make God’s love known to all.
St. Peter’s and St. Oswald’s is a community worshipping in the liberal catholic Anglican tradition that seeks to live out a radical and prophetic faith rooted in the Eucharistic values celebrated each Sunday.